Thursday, July 2, 2009

Proud I'm a Dual Citizen

My friend Joy accompanies us last Sunday went back to Colorado Springs with my two kids taking oath of our Dual Citizen. I am so proud that I belong to two countries now. Joy accompany us was so helpful, she do not mind of taking picture on her camera she was our photographer. Joy could not seat with us in the front only the applicant’s oath taking. About 30 people did the Dual Citizen, mostly I do not know them except Aileen was the member of FACC that I know her was there too. We sang two national anthem, the Philippine and Star Spangle, the two women sang the anthem has a beautiful voice made me feels so proud of my two country. I had enjoyed meeting with Ruby the president of Fil-Am Community of Southern Co. Springs and her staff Grace, Nida &.etc... They are very polite and nice to talk and shared the laugh. After receiving our Dual Certification, we took a groups picture, the area was not big space because of the crowd. Everyone squashing and pushing to each other that everyone wants be next to the Consulate General Wilfred from San Francisco. The Fil-Am Community also celebrating the Philippine Independence Day. They had a free barbecue, games, vendor, entertainment, at the same time doing oath taking for dual citizenship applicants held at the Fountain Creek Regional Park of Colorado Springs. We had to fall in line because there were many people. Joy, my kids and I ate was sat at the grass that no chair to seat and was so hot. Were going to say goodbye to Ruby and her staff, seen the group of the Fil-Am Community was dancing we watched, came the next Tinikling, and Hawaiian dance. Every time have a Filipino gathering can not get away without the Electric Slide dance, here me and Joy dance along with other people that we don’t know. We still want to stay more but my son was grumpy wanted to go home, at the same time were leaving, Grace taking Consulate General Wilfred and his staff to airport that they flying back to San Francisco. Hoping will see them back in October at Denver. We appreciated and thanking the Philippine Consulate of San Francisco and his staff was here to serve issues of our Filipino community. Guys, if you or anybody interest that needs to renew their Phil. Passport or Dual Citizen if you could wait, instead hassling go to California spending more money for the trip, the Phil. Consulate from San Francisco is coming back in mid of October. Please visit my blog occasionally; I will post more details once I hear from the member of the Filipino club regards of the Philippine Consulate coming back to Denver … Mabuhay ….

2 comments:

FaYe said...

CONGRATS FOR HAVING DUAL CITIZENSHIP!

Cutietess said...

Thank u for your comments, Faye,take care..