Friday, June 26, 2009

The Piano Player

We bought a small electric piano for the kids to mess around with. Well one day I here this tune from Mozart or something classical. I walk downstairs and it’s Shawn. He only knew a few keys, but it was odd to hear it. I asked him where he learned that, and he said at school, messing around.
I was thinking imagine what he could do if he could Read Music. If he can do that just messing around, it would be worth it to get him into some kind of music class. Something where there is
free sheet music, something he could do at his own pace. Maybe online lessons, or some type of piano course.
He is on the computer all the time anyway. It would be nice for him to learn how to play the piano. I don’t know that much about how to play music, but I would think you need to learn how to read music, before you can play. I will ask him if he would like to do some online lessons, who knows maybe we will have the piano player in the house.

No comments: