Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jewelry Show

About every 3 months I get an ad for the jewelry show that comes thru Denver. We have been to so many of these. It knocks you off your feet at how different the prices are when you walk by all the trade show booths, compared to the mall, and the local jewelry stores.
I guess the thing that amazes my husband is the set up of the displays. He has his own business and is always wondering how they did this or that. He says it amazes him how they set it all up, with the booths, and tables with all the table skirts. Were walking and he says “hey check out those banner stands”. I’m like what are banner stands?
Then he goes on and explains that they are part of display for advertisement, and they are everywhere. Then I realized that these are not only at jewelry shows, but I see this stuff all the time. I guess the one that got me was the background for the booths, pipe and drape. Makes sense its all pipe then they drape a material over it, and there you have it a background! So next time your at a show, check out the work that is put into them, and here is some lingo to remember.

No comments: