Monday, March 8, 2010

My husband was in the Navy…….

Something interesting came up the other day when I was typing a pay for blog. I heard my husband on the phone. I stopped when he got off the phone and asked what was that about? He was talking to one of his old Navy buddies and said that one of their shipmates had mesothelioma. I asked him what it was.
He said it’s a form of cancer. So how did he get it? Well when they were in the Navy, they were all in the shipyards overhauling the aircraft carrier, and his friend was working with asbestos. His friend thinks he may have got it from that.
Mesothelioma Disease is sometimes related to working around asbestos. It’s not something new, just a lot of people haven’t heard of it. It’s been around for some time, not your typical cancer.
My husband said his friend may have to get a specialized Mesothelioma Attorney if he wants to pursue this thru the courts. Most companies and the Armed Forces may not want to give you compensation. That’s a time when you need to contact a Mesothelioma Lawyer for professional help.